10 Steps To Selecting A Franchise Business Opportunity
If in case you have decided a franchise could be the best option for you then being knowledgable about what to try and do next can be the difference between failure and victory. There are some key considerations to keep in mind once you’ve made the choice of going the franchise or non-franchise course.
Listed below are ten key considerations to help you on your path:-
1. Study Choices Use online franchise business directories, franchise shows and franchise publications to explore the options available. There are hundreds of franchises for sale in the marketplace so be sure to search for something you will take pleasure in doing and that can fit your lifestyle and budget.
2. Make a shortlist Following browsing a variety of franchises you might be interested by, make up a shortlist of 2 or three that you can actually really see yourself doing. Apply for their franchise information packs either via online contact request or pick up the phone.
3. Investigate Background It’s important to know who you are dealing with as you’ll be making a considerable investment. Take time to learn the franchise company’s trading history. You might also wish to research the directors of the franchise companies and find out what other endeavors they have or are presently linked with. You could find online tools, for example the Companies House website, useful.
4. Get together with the Franchisors As soon as you feel wholly educated concerning your shortlist of franchisors, its time to make contact with them and plan to get together with them. Make an appointment to see their key offices and get a feel for their setup. At the same time as you will be there, request contact details for a few of their franchisees as recommendations.
5. Talk to Franchisees Get in touch with your list of franchisees and put to them questions about how the franchise works for them as a franchise business. Are they trading beneficially? Would they acquire the franchise over again given what they now know?
6. Explore Funding Choices There can be many routes to funding. You might have your own wealth to make an investment from savings or even a redundancy. Some other choices could be an outside sponsor or main high street banks. It pays to talk to a bank manager anyway, present your franchise plan and acquire some helpful reaction regarding what financing potential you may have.
7. Get a hold of Expert Advice Some people make a decision they require some professional assistance in the research and purchasing procedure. For this reason, you will find specialist franchise business consultants that have a expert knowledge of the workings of a franchise business which enable them to assist with matching you to a franchise that will work for you in combination with helping everything proceed with minimal difficulty.
8. Obtain Legal Advice You will have to sign a franchise agreement once you have selected the best franchise opportunity for you. It’s imperative that you take suitable legal guidance from a franchise expert lawyer that can ensure that any legal requirements are met and that will help you understand the legal arrangement you’ll be entering into.
9. Gut Feeling How you are feeling about starting your own franchise business cannot be underestimated. It’s usual to have a good number of questions, notably as you become close to making a choice. The franchise owner, and any other franchise professionals you seek advice from through the process should have the ability to offer solutions and assist you to along your way. In spite of this, if you feel panic at any point, take a step back to figure out what you might be concerned about and resolve it before moving onward.
10. Now for some good old fashioned work A franchise, similar to any other business, needs hard work. Don’t just think that a franchise works automatically just because its a ‘franchise’. A franchise opportunity gives you a confirmed method… but the system should be worked hard so as to build a strong and beneficial business.
About the Author
Nick Strong is MD of Select Your Franchise and a leading Franchise Expert in the UK Franchise Market. Visit our franchise blog for the latest franchise news and information.
Design Franchise, advice on buying a Signs Express Franchise