Cisco Outlines First Quarter Fiscal 2010 Technology and Customer Highlights
SAN JOSE, CA–(Marketwire – November 2, 2009) –
Highlights / Key Facts:
- Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has scheduled a conference call on Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 1:30 p.m. (Pacific Time) to announce its first quarter fiscal year 2010 financial results for the quarter ending Saturday, October 24.
- Financial results will be released over Marketwire after the close of the market on Wednesday, November 4, 2009.
- To listen via the Internet:
Cisco offers a live and replay audio broadcast of the conference call with corresponding slides at www.cisco.com/go/investors.
Select Product Announcements from Q1 FY10:
- Cisco expanded its Cisco TelePresence™ portfolio with the single-screen, single-camera Cisco TelePresence System 1100 for multipurpose rooms. Cisco TelePresence services now reach more than 150 countries on five continents, with service providers AT&T, BT, Orange, NTT, Tata Communications, Telefonica, Telstra and Telmex each now having announced commercial intercompany Cisco TelePresence service offerings.
- Cisco announced its Borderless Networks Architecture strategy, together with announcing its new Integrated Services Router Generation 2 (ISR G2), which helps businesses and service providers simplify and scale delivery of on-demand, networked business services such as video and collaborative applications.
- Cisco launched Cisco IronPort™ Web Usage Controls, a product designed to provide real-time content categorization to accurately identify up to 90 percent of “dark web” sites.
- Cisco and salesforce.com announced the Customer Interaction Cloud, a combined solution that uses a connector to integrate salesforce.com’s Service Cloud 2 with Cisco Unified Contact Center’s functionality, empowering small and medium-sized companies to run their customer service function completely in the cloud.
Global Highlights from Q1 FY10:
- Cisco, Intel, Microsoft, the government of Kenya and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) launched a joint project to help improve the quality of education in Kenyan schools through the use of information and communications technology (ICT).
- Cisco expanded its effort to help cities explore how ICT can help address climate change and energy challenges, through the launch of a new Connected Urban Development Alliance with The Climate Group.
Select Global Customer Announcements from Q1 FY10, by Theater:
United States and Canada:
- Tutor Perini Corporation, a leading civil and building construction company, is consolidating five data centers into one new facility which utilizes the Cisco Unified Computing System™ as its computing platform.
- Pelco by Schneider Electric and Cisco announced a strategic technology agreement to pursue the joint development of new high-definition (HD) Internet Protocol (IP) video security cameras built upon Pelco’s award-winning Sarix™ technology platform.
- The Miami Dolphins National Football League franchise announced the deployment of Cisco TelePresence and Cisco StadiumVision™ systems to help fans “Live the Game” at Miami’s Land Shark Stadium.
- In Ontario, Canada, fibre-optic network provider Atria Networks completed a network upgrade based on the Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform and dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM).
- MRCB Land, Cisco and Datacraft announced a collaboration to transform Kuala Lumpur’s KL Sentral Park district into a smart and sustainable urban center in Malaysia.
- Cisco and the Chongqing (China) municipal government signed an MOU outlining a strategic relationship to advance IT manufacturing, spur green tech innovation and develop Smart + Connected Communities solutions.
- In India, integrated telecommunications service provider Bharti Airtel, and Cisco formed a strategic business alliance to help drive network-enabled growth for Indian enterprises.
- Cisco and Gale International expanded their relationship on Smart + Connected Communities under development in Korea’s Songdo International Business District, with the aim of creating a repeatable model for smart, sustainable cities of the future.
- Telstra in Australia deployed the Cisco ASR 9000 Series aggregation Services Router as its carrier Ethernet platform for a range of bandwidth-intensive, content-based services.
- Turkish service provider Turkcell deployed a joint solution from Cisco and Openet to provide a flexible charging system for Turkcell’s general packet radio service (GPRS) mobile data network.
- In Mexico, Telefonos de Mexico (TELMEX) launched Telepresencia Administrada TELMEX, a plan to market intercompany Cisco TelePresence services in Latin America.
- Kenya’s Ministry of Information and Communications Technology launched the first network-enabled Pilot Pasha Centre in Kangundo with the aim of enhancing the livelihoods of local citizens and encouraging new micro-enterprises.
- In Argentina, Garrahan Hospital enhanced its telemedicine experience with Cisco and Telefónica, with the objective of offering remote health care support and services in different Argentine provinces.
- Video-delivery expertise available from Cisco has powered the launch of a new video-on-demand service for Polish telecommunication operator ASTER.
- Austrian software company Tiani Spirit deployed a health care information-exchange solution at the Klinikum Wels-Grieskirchen hospital.
- German electricity company Yello Strom launched an energy-saving smart grid pilot to create an intelligent energy system that communicates over an IP network.
- Swedish telecommunications provider TeliaSonera is deploying a point-to-point fiber network based on the Cisco IP Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture.
- Arnold Clark Automobiles, Europe’s largest independent auto dealer, is using Cisco networking products, integrated together with a network-based vehicle tracking solution from Aeroscout, to transform car sales and service in Stafford, United Kingdom.
- TV 2 Norway selected a Cisco MPEG encoding and IP video system platform for its new high-definition digital terrestrial television (HD-DTT) play-out facility in Bergen.
Acquisitions and Investments:
- Cisco announced a definitive agreement to acquire Starent Networks, a leading supplier of IP-based mobile infrastructure solutions targeting mobile and converged carriers.
- Cisco announced a definitive agreement for Cisco to launch a recommended voluntary cash offer to acquire TANDBERG, a global leader in video communications.
Significant Partner Announcements from Q4 FY09:
- Cisco announced the launch of Cisco Channel Education Specializations to help customers identify Cisco Learning Partners that offer advanced training expertise in specific, sophisticated network technologies.
- Cisco launched a new small business partner profitability initiative, expanded its small business product portfolio with new network security and collaboration technologies, and extended zero-percent financing offers for small businesses in the United States, Canada and Europe.
- Paul Mountford, president, Emerging Markets for Cisco discusses key highlights from the first quarter of fiscal year 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBQbiQWU8q4
Complete Conference Call Details:
Date: November 4, 2009
Time: 1:30 PM (PT); 4:30 PM (ET)
To Listen via the Internet:
We are pleased to offer a live and replay audio broadcast of the conference call with corresponding slides at www.cisco.com/go/investors.
To Listen via Telephone: (Due to the limited number of lines available, we encourage you to dial in approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of the call).
212-519-0847 (for International Callers)
RSVP: No RSVP is necessary
Replay: A telephone playback of the Q1 FY 2010 conference call is scheduled to be available beginning at 4:30 PM (PT) on November 4, 2009 through 4:30 PM (PT) on November 11, 2009. The replay will be accessible by calling 866-357-4205 (International callers: 203-369-0122). The call runs 24 hours per day, including weekends.
An archived version of the webcast will be available on Cisco’s Investor Relations website at www.cisco.com/go/investors.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco IronPort, Cisco StadiumVision, Cisco TelePresence, Cisco Unified Computing System, and IronPort are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and used by them or by affiliates under license in certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
About the Author
BBW 8 (7/28/09) Part 5 – Brian Rouge Vs. Blaquehart (SCW Nevada Title) Pt. 2