10 Great Reasons to Have a Spa Franchise in Australia
Looking seriously at running your own business? Got a passion for something that makes you want jump out of bed and race into work to do it? Got the dream but worried about starting a business from the ground up? Itâs not for the faint-hearted. However there is another option â the franchise.
There are a number of valid reasons to buy a franchise. The first of which is that, you don’t have to build the name and reputation of your business. By having a franchise contract you buy into a company with an existing brand and name.
You then also benefit from advertising that the company already does which is great news if it is nationwide. You get advertising for a product that is already well-known. You donât need to develop your own advertising campaign. Radio and commercial scripts are already written for you. Not only will you be able to benefit from the marketing that the company does, but you will also receive ongoing training. When you start your own business, itâs a hard slog learning everything on your own.
Franchises have already got a proven track record and are successful for franchisees essentially because they create partnerships. Buying a franchise allows you to own and manage your own business and have the guidance of a mentor, someone who has trodden the boards and knows how to make it work.
You essentially buy a business model that works with the product, structure and business know-how all ready for you to manage.
Franchises exist in all kinds of areas. There’s McDonald’s. There’s Burger King, Wendy’s, Dunkin Donuts, and many more. But maybe your passions are less high profile and not about food! Maybe your passions are of a health-conscious even spiritual nature. Do franchise opportunities exist here? Yes they do!
There is a growing trend towards exploring more relaxing and healthy ways to enjoy life and relieve the stresses of life. This is particularly occurring in Australia. Spas particularly offer a way to combine your passions for spa products and philosophy and make a significant contribution to promoting healthier ways of living and being. Got you thinking? Read on
10 great reasons to buy a Spa franchise in Australia
1. Australia â along with the rest of the world is on the crest of wave of a `wellness` boom. This âWellness Revolutionâ is a significant move towards good living, healthy eating, prevention-not-cure philosophy, which will be worth billions of dollars in Australia in the next 10 years.
2. Shoppers are becoming product conscious, reading labels, avoiding chemicals and being prepared to pay good money for products free of pesticides and preservatives. The serious slog in the gym is out and peace and relaxation at the spa is in.
3. Spas enjoy constant, positive, media coverage. Pick up a magazine anywhere, in the doctors` surgery, on the plane you will see spas featured. Todayâs spas are more than bubble baths, they offer products and services for the soothing of body and mind delivered by professionals who are skilled and committed to customer service.
4. Visits to spas in Australia are said to be growing at a rapid rate. Figures for instance from Victoriaâs Spa and Wellness Tourism Action plan 2005-10 showed an average growth rate of 13.8 per cent per annum over the period 2001-2004. It can only get better
5. The baby boomers are the wealthiest generation to ever hit retirement. They are not afraid to indulge their passion for the fountain of youth, including spas.
6. Workers with very little downtime want to milk every available minute of relaxation from it. Where else but in the spa.
7. A visit to a spa is no longer a treat reserved exclusively for holidays, business trips and the rich. Trends suggest a move towards local residents using spas on main streets and shopping malls.
8. On holiday they are no longer a luxury they are an expected part of the service.
9. Spas and health retreats are becoming popular places for companies to hold company meetings and discuss business plans.
10. Women do not have the monopoly on spa visitations. Many spas offer packages for males and have seen a trend towards increased male pampering.
Itâs easy to see that people see a great need for spa products and services and that the trend is likely to continue. Do you want to be a part of this exciting development? Do you have a passion for bringing healthy and relaxing services to customers? Do you have the drive and creativity to make this a successful business? Have we got you interested? If so check out spa franchises in Australia. Live your passions and make a contribution!
About the Author
Michiel Van Kets provides article for Annie Glasson who is the marketing manager at Endota Spa in Australia. She writes for Endota Spa which is the largest Spa network in Australia and is the only spa in 5 Australian states with winner of âfranchisor of the yearâ in 2004.
A Family That Truly Runs on Dunkin’