By spending a little time, effort and money one can easily prolong their cars life and also make it look its best. You can also cheat by taking your car to a detail shop and have it professionally cleaned, washed and waxed for over $100. Most of us can not afford to pay $100 every month for professional detailers, so here is what to do.
1) Thoroughly clean the car. First spray the car and get it wet. This will lubricate the dirt on the car and make it less likely to scratch the paint when you wash it off. Then, using car wash soap, wash the car one section at a time and then rinse. This will ensure the soap does not dry on the car and removes more dirt. Make sure you clean your tires and wheels also. Brake dust can be tough to remove. Use a clean towel to get in all the grooves. Let the car completely dry before proceeding to the polish or wax.
2) Use a car polish for good, lasting protection. Car polishes are polymer blends with out any wax and can last for a full year and dozens of car washes. Apply the polish in circular motions and let dry to a haze. Car polish is always in liquid form and is very easy to apply. Use a clean terry cloth for application. Apply only one section at a time. Use a clean towel then to buff dry the finish. It is a good idea to use 2 to 3 coats of car polish for maximum protection.
3) Follow up the car polish with a good car wax. Car wax is not as strong as car polish and must be reapplied more often, but it gives a much deeper and glossier shine and finish. When applied after car polish it even multiplies the shine and becomes almost unbelievable. Apply in the same fashion as the car polish. Car wax may come in a paste or liquid form. The paste is a little more difficult to use. Let it dry to a haze and then buff dry. For the best shine you have ever seen use 2 to 3 applications of wax on top of the 2 to 3 coats of car polish. This is a top trade secret detailers use to get that showroom shine on almost any car.
4) Do not forget to protect your tires and wheels. Tires can easily be brushed with some Armor All protectant and they will shine and look great. Wheels will be better protected with a polish or wax. The same car polish you used on your paint will work great and will last longer.
5) Do not neglect dings and dents. You can easily have a paintless dent removal company remove these and improve the appearance of your car. The average cost is $30 to $90 per ding or dent. Far less than a body shop would charge. Another good idea is to use a headlight cleaning and restoration kit like the ones professionals use to make ugly, cloudy and worn headlights look like new. This will save you from costly replacements, give you better night time driving safety, and just make your car look that much better.
6) Do not forget the interior. Vacuum it out and remove all the garbage from under your seats. You would not believe the amount of garbage that can accumulate in some peoples cars. Treat leather seats so they will not dry out and crack. This is as simple as a spray on and wipe off treatment you can find at Walmart.
7) Last, but not least, clean the glass inside and out. The glass is what you have to see through and if it is not clean you are not safe, it is that simple. Forget about how good it makes your car look to have perfectly clear windows. Just remember the fact that 50% of accidents resulting in serious injury are due to poor visibility and you will clean your windows more often than you do now.
There you have it, how to completely makeover your car inside and out. With a little time and proper car care your car will shine like never before.
About the Author
David Maillie specializes in automotive safety products and information. He holds numerous patents and awards for his patented headlight cleaner and restorer. For more information, tips, safety and money saving products please visit http://www.mdwholesale.com
Professional Headlight Kit Being Used on a Headlight!