Storm Readiness: Storm Supply List
Storms not only cause damage to your property, but they also can destroy your peace of mind. Luckily, there are items available that will make life during and after the storm easier to handle.
To help you prepare for a flood, hurricane or other natural disaster, here is a list of key items that you should have readily available:
- Battery-operated lanterns
- Battery-powered radio
- Battery-operated fan
- Extra batteries—you should have two extra sets for each battery-operated item
- Special care items for infants or family members with specific medial needs
- Prescription medication supply
- First aid kit
- Clean drinking water
- Waterproof matches and lighters
- Propane or gas grill/stove (for outdoor use only).
- Supply of canned/non-perishable foods
- Manual can opener
- Disposable utensils, plates and cups
- Fuel for your car and/or portable generator along with a funnel
- Garbage bags
- Rope and hand tools
- Insurance agency contact information and other important documents in waterproof containers.
Additional storm preparations
Fill clean bath tubs with water for miscellaneous use and remember that pool water can be used to flush toilets.
Be sure that you have at least a 30-day supply of prescription medications or special care items, as well as a minimum of a three-day supply of food for each person and pet.
Transfer perishable food items to an insulated cooler. Try to eat these foods first because of the potential for spoilage.
Cover windows and glass doors with hurricane shutters or storm panels. If these materials aren’t readily available, board them up with plywood and plastic sheeting to protect your property.
Even after following these steps and acquiring the list of key items, not all damage can be prevented. That is why storm damage restoration Delaware professionals are available 24/7/365 to remediate the damage.
About the Author
ACCORD Restoration specializes in clean-up, repair, restoration and rebuilding after fires, floods, storms or natural disasters. We offer reliable, 24/7/365 emergency services carried out with expert craftsmanship.
To learn more visit http://www.accordrestoration.com/
Medical Homecare Supplies of Lake Worth and North Palm Beach Florida
[affmage source=”clickbank” results=”2″]car detailing supply list[/affmage]